AIGA Central PA Design Continuum
What if every creative mind, from every community, whether low-income or underrepresented, had the opportunity pursue higher education in design?
In 2017, we’re excited to introduce the AIGA Central PA Design Continuum, a scholarship program aimed at changing the fabric of design in Central Pennsylvania. By supporting local creatives with economically disadvantaged backgrounds who are pursuing a higher education in design, we aim to make our industry more accessible, inclusive, and progressive. We will award our first scholarship in June 2018 to one or more local creative students.
The AIGA Central PA Design Continuum is about doing something bigger than ourselves. It’s about creating a culture of philanthropy. By donating and participating in Design Continuum events, you’ll leave a lasting impact on future generations of designers. Together, we will bring design education to anyone who hopes to pursue it AND leave a legacy of diverse voices in our community!
Donate Now! Even $5 makes a difference.
We encourage creatives who would like pursue a higher education in design disciplines at a local college or university to apply. Scholarship recipients are selected not only for their talent and need, but also for their demonstrated commitment to giving back to the larger community through their work. Each award is paid directly to the recipient’s school and applied toward tuition through an AIGA/WorldStudio Scholarship.
Application period is February 8–April 30, 2018.
Click here for application
Questions? Send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org
Among our primary aims are:
- To increase diversity in the design professions
- To foster social and environmental responsibility in designers and studios of tomorrow
- Encourage commitment to giving back to the larger community through your work
- Applicants must be citizens of the United States or possess a Green Card (formally known as a Permanent Resident Card or Form I-551).
- Applicants must be pursuing an undergraduate degree with the intention to study art or design
- Applicants must be enrolled or re-enrolled at accredited colleges and universities in central Pennsylvania for the Fall 2018/Spring 2019 academic year and must maintain a full-time status for the entire year.
- Though not a requirement, minority status is a significant factor considered in jury decisions.
- Students must have at least a 2.0 GPA.
- Deadline: All entries are due in April 30, 2018 for the 2018/19 scholarship AIGA/WorldStudio competition; students must be enrolled for the full Fall 2018/Spring 2019 academic year.
Click here for application