Do colors matter? Yes.
Color is the foundation to visual identity for your brand. According to a Loyola University of Maryland study, color increases brand recognition by 80%, and brand recognition directly links to consumer confidence.
Join us for this special Color Seminar and Workshop in collaboration with the AIGA Central PA and The Standard Group. Don Hutcheson, the inventor of G7®, the industry’s leading methodology for managing color for print, will give an educational and fun workshop for designers, photographers, marketers, and print buyers. There’s limited seating so reserve your spot today.
Your ticket includes a catered continental breakfast & lunch, a free digital care package (including test target for adjusting monitor, Photoshop settings, and more), and certificate of attendance.
Proceeds from ticket sales to benefit the AIGA Central PA Continuum Scholarship Program.
SCHEDULE OF EVENT
09:00 Color Management for Dummies
- Basic color theory
- ICC Color Management
- Monitor profiling
- Camera profiling
- Printer profiling
- Standardized printing
- Why should I care about color management?
10:30 Color Management for Creative Design
- How do I calibrate my computer monitor, and how often?
- How do I set up Adobe’s default color settings?
- How do I manage by brand color(s)?
- What is the best way to specify Pantone® colors?
- Hard-copy proofing vs. soft-proofing
- How do I know the proof is good?
- How does lighting affect final results?
- How does paper affect color and print results?
12:30 Color Management for Photography
- Camera settings and how they affect print quality
- Camera capture and processing workflow
- Making a custom camera profile (do you need to?)
- Color correcting a camera image
- Working from mobile phone photos
- Why working in RGB is best, even if your image will be printed in CMYK
13:45 How to Help Your Printer Give You What You Want
- Packaging and preparing files for print
- Native application files vs. print-ready PDFs
- How do I set up PDF expert settings?
- Cost benefits of using RGB photos
- Mistakes to avoid when submitting job
- How to do a proper press check for print?
- Managing expectations
14:30 Q&A and Raffle
We will be raffling a HutchColor HCT Precision Camera Profiling Target, MSRP $436. (Other items to be announced.)You must be present to win.
Note: Be advised that all sales are final with no refunds unless AIGA Central Pennsylvania cancels the event. However, tickets are transferable, so tell a friend to come as you if you are unable to attend. Lastly, any student purchasing a Student Ticket must provide a valid School I.D. at the door.
AIGA Members: Be sure to log into your My AIGA Account and follow the ticket purchasing link on the Central PA website Event Page to receive membership-level based pricing. Saving money is cool, isn’t it!